Monday, April 13, 2009

easter weekend...mmm chocolate...

what have i done this weekend? a lot! asides from eating mountains of chocolate and celebrating Easter with family and friends...
i went to spotlight on Saturday and bought a few bitsnpieces, i always feel like such a fraud when i visit this store mainly because i don't sew, and somehow i think everyone there knows that and so i always feel like i have to pretend to know how to sew and all about sewing stuff? crazy, i know! anyway i thought i would give the sewing thing a crack this weekend i made the giraffe finger puppet pictured below, which i sewed by hand (don't ask how long this took me, and don't look too closely!) which is okay for my first attempt i guess?

I made this rack pictured below to display some of my canvas art, instead of packing it into plastic crates and storing it under my desk!

On the weekend i also found my cute babushkas, i bought these in (i think) 2005 whilst on holiday, i finally found where i had stored them and now they have top spot of my cabinet of cute things.

I have started working on some champ + rosie stuf nothing to show yet, just revisiting my branding and packaging. I have been feeling that they aren't really reflecting the cute bubbly feeling of the champ + rosie characters so, i have set about fixing it, along with looking at my website. I would love to have all of this up and running by next upmarket!
well, it is 5.16pm and the long weekend of cute bunnies + chocolate seems to be officially ending...the words 'oww, work tomorrow...' are starting to come out of my mouth and I am now asking myself 'what should I take for lunch tomorrow?' let the working week begin......

No comments: